The International Conference on Signal Processing and Multimedia Applications (SIGMAP 2012 – http://www.sigmap.icete.org), to be held in Rome, Italy (July 24-27, 2012) is now welcoming the submission of position papers whose deadline is scheduled for next April 26.
A position paper presents an arguable opinion about an issue. The goal of a position paper is to convince the audience that your opinion is valid and worth listening to, without the need to present completed research work and/or validated results. It is, nevertheless, important to support your argument with evidence to ensure the validity of your claims. A position paper may be a short report and discussion of ideas, facts, situations, methods, procedures or results of scientific research (bibliographic, experimental, theoretical, or other) focused on one of the conference topics. The acceptance of a position paper is restricted to the categories of «short paper» or «poster».
Please check further details about position papers submission at the conference website (http://www.sigmap.icete.org/SubmissionGuidelines.aspx).
SIGMAP 2012 is part of the International Joint Conference on e-Business and Telecommunications (ICETE 2012) that has 5 more conferences with very strong synergies between them, namely:
- DCNET: Int’l Conference on Data Communication Networking (http://www.dcnet.icete.org)
- ICE-B: Int’l Conference on e-Business (http://www.ice-b.icete.org)
- OPTICS: Int’l Conference on Optical Communication Systems (http://www.optics.icete.org)
- SECRYPT: Int’l Conference on Security and Cryptography (http://www.secrypt.icete.org)
- WINSYS: Int’l Conf on Wireless Information Networks and Systems (http://www.winsys.icete.org)
These six concurrent conferences are held in parallel and registration to one warrants delegates to attend all six.
ICETE is interested in promoting high quality research as it can be confirmed by last year acceptance rates, where from 409 submissions, 12% were accepted as full papers, 16% were presented as short papers and 13% as posters.
The conference program features a number of Keynote Lectures to be delivered by distinguished world-class researchers, namely:
- Venu Govindaraju, University at Buffalo, United States
- Sushil Jajodia, George Mason University Fairfax, United States
- Andreas Holzinger, Medical University Graz, Austria
- Geoffrey Charles Fox, Indiana University, United States
Submitted papers will be subject to a double-blind review process. All accepted papers (full, short and posters) will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support. FIFJ
A short list of presented papers will be selected so that revised and extended versions of these papers will be published by Springer-Verlag in a CCIS Series book.
Additionally, a short list of papers presented at the conference, will also be selected for publication in the Journal of Information Processing Systems (JIPS) and in a special issue of JNW – Journal of Networks.
The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP and Elsevier Index (EI).
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SciTePress Digital Library (http://www.scitepress.org/DigitalLibrary/). SciTePress is member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/).
Mohammad S. Obaidat, Monmouth University, U.S.A.
Enrique Cabello, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
Maria Virvou, University of Piraeus, Greece
Available at http://www.sigmap.icete.org/ProgramCommittee.aspx
AREA 1: MULTIMEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS
* Digital Audio and Video Broadcasting
* Architecture and Protocols
* Performance Measurement and Evaluation, QoS.
* Mobile Multimedia (GSM, GPRS, RF, Wi-Fi,.)
* Multimedia Security and Cryptography
* MPEG Standards and related issues
* Interactive Multimedia: Games and Digital Television
* Multimedia Devices
AREA 2: MULTIMEDIA SIGNAL PROCESSING
* Image and Video Processing, Compression and Segmentation
* Multidimensional Signal Processing
* Multimodal Signal Processing
* Biometrics and Pattern Recognition
* Education in Signal Processing
* Neural Networks, Spiking Systems, Genetic Algorithms and Fuzzy Logic
* Perceptual/Human Audiovisual System Modeling
* Sensors and Multimedia
AREA 3: MULTIMEDIA SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS
* Design and Implementation of Signal Processing Systems
* Authentication and Watermarking
* Distributed Multimedia Systems
* Multimedia Authoring, Editing and Sharing
* Human-Machine Interface
* Multimedia Databases, Indexing, Recognition and Retrieval
* Audio and Video Quality Assessment
* E-Learning, E-Commerce and E-Society Applications
* Semantic Analysis of Multimedia Data
* Biomedical Applications
* Location Based Applications
* 3D Virtual Environments and Surveillance Applications
Please check further details at the conference web site (http://www.sigmap.icete.org).
Should you have any question or suggestion please don’t hesitate to contact me.